top of page
Our qualified pharmacists have completed comprehensive training and are fully certified to administer the flu vaccine to patients in-store.
Request an appointment for a flu vaccine in Meath below by filling in the contact form.
You Can Get The Flu Vaccine For Free If You Are In An At–Risk Group
You are in an at-risk group if you:
- Are a child aged 2 to 17
- Are 65 years of age and over
- Are pregnant
- Have a long-term medical condition – for example, a heart, lung, kidney or neurological disease or cancer
- Have a weak immune system – for example, if you have diabetes or you’re having chemotherapy
- Work in healthcare
- Are a carer or live with someone who is at risk of flu
- Live in a nursing home or other long-term care facility
- Are obese and have a body mass index (BMI) of over 40
- Are a child with a moderate to severe neurodevelopmental disorder such as cerebral palsy
- Were born with down syndrome
Are in regular contact with pigs, poultry or waterfowl
You Should Not Get The Flu Vaccine If You
- Have had a severe allergic (anaphylaxis) reaction to a previous flu vaccine or any part of the vaccine.
- Are taking medicines called combination checkpoint inhibitors, for example, ipilimumab plus nivolumab
- Are ill with a temperature greater than 38 degrees celsius – you should wait until you are well before getting the vaccine.
- If you have an egg allergy, you should talk to your GP about getting the vaccine.
bottom of page